Thursday, January 17, 2008

My life in pictures.

It's been a while since the last post, sorry (mom).
So far, so good:
My modern art tutor is nice, knows his stuff, and is passionate about it. After some brief reading, I decided I want to learn more about Surrealism. You should check it out-- it's pretty sweet.
My British journalism tutor is wonderful. He worked for the BBC for about 30 year, has taught in India, and traveled all over the world. He's retired now and gives tours of Oxford, and is going to take me and two other girls he's tutoring on a tour sometime.
I've been at the Bodleian library a lot, mostly doing pleasure reading, which is what I've been doing a lot of since I've been here. I think I've polished off 5 books now. I'm currently reading The Waves by Virginia Woolf, How We Are Hungry by Dave Eggers, and I have about 7 more on reserve in the library. It's so fantastic, I can't even tell you. I could just live the rest of my life devouring books.
I'm still absolutely enamored with my housemates. Yes, enamored. I love my little family of five brothers. We keep staying up watching movies together or looking up weird youtube videos called "Pickle Surprise" that make us afraid to shut our eyes at night or sitting in the stairwell of the second floor talking about snuff films and what scary movie character we'd be in a horror film (I, naturally, am scary possessed exorcist girl).
The construction going on at the side of our house keeps waking me up every morning at 8 and keeps me restless until I actually have to get up. I don't think there is any getting used to it: am I going to be in a perpetual state of tiredness?
Thank goodness for caffeinated tea.
Would you like some pictures? Okay!

It was freezing outside (me, Janel, Ryan).



Christchurch College



Nighttime romp in the streets with roomies.
(L-R: Rye, me, Zach, Bino)



At Daniel and Amanda's engagement dinner!
(L-R: Sam, Kyle, Steph, me, Courtney)



And the engagement after party with Meg and Bino



Janel and I: English pirates?



Outside the library I'm always reading at.




Ben, me and Ryan. Before watching "The Gauntlet," the reason I now hate Clint Eastwood. And that movie. And my roommates for wanting to watch it.



Just being as cool as we are.



Outside St. Mary's church

No comments: